A port is never finished. The port authority pursues a diversified investment policy in order to offer the existing port clients new infrastructure in the various traffic sectors and to convince new customers to include Zeebrugge in their transport network.
In the Action plan 2013 new policy priorities are bundled. Attention goes to the necessary development of the capacity, the social and commercial aspects, the port internal performance and the long-term strategy.
1. Further optimization of our maritime access
2. Continuity and competitiveness of rail products
3. Container cooperation Antwerpen-Zeebrugge
4. Definite decision on inland navigation
5. Draft of the cruise and reception building
6. Definite file for the maritime logistic zone
7. Extension of container services
8. Further development of the Food Cluster Zeebrugge
9. Improvement of our ecological footprint
10. Realization of the Strategic Port Infrastructure Project